Why work for Knobelsdorff Electric?
For over 30 years we have worked to create a dedicated, motivated and satisfied workforce and we are inviting you to become a part of it. KEI is a family owned company with strong family values that treats each employee as their own – and cares about their families as well. If you think we’re kidding, just check out some of the bios on our website and see what our own employees have to say. Or talk to any one of our folks you come across working in the field or at the shop and just ask them. If you are tired of being in a boring, dead-end job working with owners who don’t care – come see us and talk to us and find out why you may be missing the opportunity of a lifetime.
We have a stellar benefits package including the following:
- Top Wages
- Full-time, steady, year-round work
- Family Medical Coverage - 100% employee covered BCBS plan available that also pays 80% of family premiums.
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Paid holidays after 30 days
- Vacation after 90 days
- Retirement Plan with an Employer Match
- Overtime Opportunities
- Training Money available each year
- Continuous in-house training and learning programs
- Advancement Opportunities in an atmosphere that REWARDS hard work
If you are interested in a long-lasting career, in a fun and exciting atmosphere, working with a great bunch of people, please contact us. It’s time to do right by yourself and your family and make a change to come get your “forever job”. All of us here can’t wait to meet you.
The KEI Team
Basic Qualifications and Skills:
- Responsible for developing complete and accurate electrical estimates for commercial and industrial projects ranging in price from $5,000 to $10,000,000
- Develops pricing via take-offs from client or company supplied documents and works with electrical suppliers and purchasing department to price equipment, components and electrical supplies. Includes pricing on all peripheral items such as permits, performance bonds, equipment leasing, etc.
- Prepare comprehensive bid packages that are complete and ready for submittal to the client
- Accompany Project Managers to bid presentations to assist in explaining pricing to client
- Monitor win/lose ratio on bids to determine success rates and improve strategy for future bidding
- Estimate all project ECO’s accurately, keeping KEI Project Managers up to date on budget changes
- Read and understand engineering drawings and electrical schematics
- Knowledge of industrial electrical systems, process controls, PLC’s, electronics and field instrumentation
- Background in electrical engineering, construction management or be a licensed electrician
- Minimum of 3-5 years prior electrical estimating experience
- Working knowledge of electrical construction industry
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Proven communication, organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Pass a criminal background check
- Pass a drug test
- Supply verifiable references
- Be willing to work occasional evenings, weekends and holidays
- Be willing to work on some out-of-town projects