Why work for Knobelsdorff Electric?
For over 30 years we have worked to create a dedicated, motivated and satisfied workforce and we are inviting you to become a part of it. KEI is a family owned company with strong family values that treats each employee as their own – and cares about their families as well. If you think we’re kidding, just check out some of the bios on our website and see what our own employees have to say. Or talk to any one of our folks you come across working in the field or at the shop and just ask them. If you are tired of being in a boring, dead-end job working with owners who don’t care – come see us and talk to us and find out why you may be missing the opportunity of a lifetime.
We have a stellar benefits package including the following:
- Top Wages
- Full-time, steady, year-round work
- Family Medical Coverage - 100% employee covered BCBS plan available that also pays 80% of family premiums.
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Paid holidays after 30 days
- Vacation after 90 days
- Retirement Plan with an Employer Match
- Overtime Opportunities
- Training Money available each year
- Continuous in-house training and learning programs
- Advancement Opportunities in an atmosphere that REWARDS hard work
If you are interested in a long-lasting career, in a fun and exciting atmosphere, working with a great bunch of people, please contact us. It’s time to do right by yourself and your family and make a change to come get your “forever job”. All of us here can’t wait to meet you.
The KEI Team
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide detailed design of industrial control systems including control panel design, networking design, and field device specification
- Interpret P&ID, Process Flows, Specifications, and other system design documentation to use as the basis of control system design and programming
- Provide control panel designs compliant with UL508A and UL698
- Create I/O lists, specifications, test procedures, manuals, and other project documentation as needed
- Create and document control system programs using modular and reusable programming techniques
- Configure and program control system devices such as managed Ethernet switches, protocol converters, VFDs, and other controllers
- Provide control system hardware and software shop testing
- Provide on-site control system start-up and commissioning
- Assist electricians with field modifications as needed
- Detailed knowledge of industrial control systems, motor control, and field instrumentation
- Minimum 5 years experience creating complete PLC programs using RSLogix 5000. Experience with RSLogix 500, Step 7 and TIA Portal, and Unity Pro also beneficial.
- Minimum 5 years experience creating complete HMI/SCADA screens, preferably using Ignition, FactoryTalk View, iFix or Wonderware
- Minimum 5 years experience with industrial communication protocols, preferably Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP, Modbus Serial, Profibus, Profinet, ControlNet and DeviceNet
- Minimum 2 years experience creating control system drawings with AutoCAD Electrical
- Knowledge of scripting languages and databases
- Time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Proven communication, organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- U.S. Citizen or have legal right to work in the USA without sponsorship
- Pass a criminal background check and drug test
- Work occasional start-ups which may include extended working hours
- Travel up to 20% of the time. Most start-ups are local or regional travel and are typically 2 weeks or less in duration.