Knobelsdorff Electric Inc. is a rapidly growing, family owned, commercial and industrial electrical contractor based in Goodhue, Minnesota. Our projects are focused on the food processing, grain, feed, flour and mining industries, as well as general industrial construction and maintenance. Our work is mainly in Minnesota but we also perform work throughout the Midwest.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Panel Builder to join our growing engineering department located in Eagan, MN. The qualified individual must be a self-starter, well organized, and detail oriented. They must have excellent communication skills, plus the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
The ideal candidate will also have the drive and ability to perform as the panel shop lead and contribute to developing and growing the panel shop.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Fabricate industrial control panels compliant with UL508A and UL698 including:
- Metal cutting, drilling, and tapping
- Component layout and mounting
- Wire routing, cutting, labelling, and termination
- Control panel labelling
- Provide point-to-point testing utilizing multimeter and various test equipment
- Collaborate with designers with a goal of achieving a high-quality product
- Shipping and receiving of parts and completed panels
- Safely package completed panels to prevent damage
- Assist electricians with field modifications as needed
- Provide shop organizational and management duties
- Minimum 2-4 years experience fabricating control panels
- Detailed knowledge of industrial control panel fabrication and UL508A
- Familiar with UL698 or willingness to become familiar
- Detailed knowledge and ability to interpret electrical schematics and panel layouts
- Must provide high quality workmanship and a passion for neatness and detail
- Have good hand-eye coordination and excellent dexterity in hands and arms
- Possess accurate color perception to discern colors of electrical wiring
- Able to operate necessary hand and power tools
- Able to lift components and panels that weigh up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Proven communication, organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel).
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- U.S. Citizen or have legal right to work in the USA without sponsorship
- Pass a criminal background check and drug test
- Occasional work which may include extended working hours
- Travel up to 20% of the time. Most travel is local or regional and typically 1 week or less in duration.
We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, life, paid vacation and a retirement plan. If you are an energetic, self-motivated and detail oriented individual with leadership qualities looking to join a company with an outstanding future and reputation, then we encourage you to apply immediately.