We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Contract and Licensing Specialist to join our growing team. The qualified individual must be a self-starter who is well organized and detail oriented. They must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews customer contracts (Master Subcontractor Agreements, Work Order Contracts, Etc. and makes recommendations and changes to protect KEI’s legal position
- Reviews all other legal documents relating to projects or business operations
- Interacts with corporate attorneys to ensure best outcome on legal issues
- Drafts, submits and records project Change Orders and other contractual project documents
- Records and maintains all contractor licensing in all states where KEI does business
- Maintains records of all electrician and other trade licensing and develops a system of ensuring these are maintained and up to date.
- Records and provides notice of needed Continuous Education requirements in order to maintain validity of licenses.
- Controls, enters and records electrical permits, dig permits, utility permits and all other documents related to the legal execution of our business
- Maintains current membership with Registered Agents in all states where we have authority to conduct business. Responds to all needs put forward by these states (annual reports, information updates, etc.)
- Completes and submits Pre-Qualification packages required by new customers or updates by existing customers. Supplies all documentation required to complete the Pre-Qualification (insurance information, safety statistics, OSHA forms, bonding limits, etc.)
- Manages physical property and vehicle insurance policies, processes claims, coordinates vehicle and property repairs and ensures policy coverage is reviewed and kept current
- 5 years prior experience in electrical supplies procurement or sales
- Good working knowledge of electrical construction industry
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Proven communication, organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- S. Citizen or have legal right to work in the USA without sponsorship
- Pass a criminal background check
- Pass a drug test
- Supply verifiable references
- Be willing to work occasional evenings, weekends and holidays
- Be willing to work on some out-of-town projects